It is more faster and easier to pass the Oracle 1z0-485 exam by using Verified Oracle Oracle Exadata Database Machine 2014 Implementation Essentials questuins and answers. Immediate access to the Latest 1z0-485 Exam and find the same core area 1z0-485 questions with professionally verified answers, then PASS your exam with a high score now.
NEW QUESTION 1
Identify three Exadata Storage Server software processes and their purpose?
- A. CELLSRV: The Cell Server is responsible for servicing disk I/O and predicate processing offload.
- B. CELLSRV: The Cell Server is responsible for balancing workload to other storage servers.
- C. MS: The Management Server is responsible for storage cell management and configuration.
- D. MS: The Management Server is responsible for starting a local Enterprise Manager agent.
- E. RS: The Restart Server is responsible for Automatic Storage Management (ASM) instance restart.
- F. RS: The Restart Server is responsible for CELLSRV and MS monitoring and restart.
A: CELLSRV (Cell Services) is the primary component of the Exadata software running in the cell
and provides the majority of Exadata storage services. CELLSRV is multi-threaded software that
communicates with the database instance on the database server, and serves blocks to databases
based on the iDB protocol. It provides the advanced SQL offload capabilities, serves Oracle
blocks when SQL offload processing is not possible, and implements the DBRM I/O resource
management functionality to meter out I/O bandwidth to the various databases and consumer groups issuing I/O.
C: The MS is the primary interface to administer, manage and query the status of the Exadata cell. It works in cooperation with the Exadata cell command line interface (CLI) and EM Exadata plug-in, and provides standalone Exadata cell management and configuration. For example, from the cell, CLI commands are issued to configure storage, query I/O statistics and restart the cell. Also supplied is a distributed CLI so commands can be sent to multiple cells to ease management across cells.
F: Restart Server (RS) ensures the ongoing
functioning of the Exadata software and services. It is used to update the Exadata software. It also ensures storage services are started and running, and services are restarted when required.
NEW QUESTION 2
Identify the relevant steps in the correct order for activating an Auto Service Request (ASR) configuration.
1. Add SNMP traps manually or using OneCommand.
2. Install ASR Manager.
3. Activate a node on ASR Manager.
4. Validate the configuration.
5. Register ASR Manager with Oracle.
- A. 2, 5, 1, 3, and 4
- B. 2, 4, I, 3, and 5
- C. 5, 2, 4, 1, and 3
- D. 5, 4, 2, 1, and 3
2.Install Oracle Auto Service Request (ASR) Packag 5.Register the ASR Manager
1.Add SNMP Trap Destinations for Multiple Servers Using the dcli Utility
3. Activate Node on the ASR Manager
NEW QUESTION 3
You are measuring the I/O savings provided by storage indexes for Table A. One of your scripts displays the I/O savings as a result of the storage indexes. Which two statements are true?
SQL> select count (*) from transmap.mymap_comp 2 where map_id between 400 and 500;
SQL> select b.name, a.value/1024/1024 value from vSmystat a, vSstatname b,
where b.statistic# = a.statistic#
and b.nafne in (•cell physical IO bytes eligible for predicate offload',
•cell physical IO interconnect bytes',
•cell physical IO bytes saved by storage index',
•cell physical IO interconnect bytes returned by smart scan') order by 1;
Statistic Value (MB)
cell physical IO bytes eligible for predicate offload 2,255 .09 cell physical IO bytes saved by storage index .00
cell physical IO interconnect bytes 1.72
cell physical IO interconnect bytes returned by smart scan 1.68
- A. The storage indexes were disabled using the disable_storage_INDEX Parameter.
- B. Storage Index data is not on the Cell Server's region index memory structures yet because this predicate has not been used.
- C. Since the database was started, no quires were run against this table with the same predicate.
- D. The storage indexes reduced the amount of physical I/O bytes significantly for this query.
* cell physical I/O bytes eligible for predicate offload Number of bytes eligible for predicate offload, an indication of smart scan
* (not D) cell physical I/O bytes saved by storage index Here 0.
Number of bytes saved by a storage index; this is a reflection of how many physical disk I/O bytes (and by proxy, requests) were saved due to a storage index eliminating candidate blocks
NEW QUESTION 4
When an Exadata Storage Server hard disk failure alert is received, what manual action must you take to restore the system to full redundancy?
- A. Replace the disk and run MegaCLI to rebuild the degenerate mirror.
- B. No manual action is required because Automatic Storage Management (ASM) fast mirror resync is automatic
- C. No manual action is required because ASM rebalancing is automatic.
- D. Replace the disk and manually copy the mirror extents to the new drive.
- E. Run RMAN REPAIR FAILURE.
As soon as the Hard Disk failure is noticed by the MS (Management Server) background process on the Cell, it will raise an alert that will also be published to Grid Control, if configured. Immediately, due to Pro-Active Disk Quarantine, the ASM-, Grid- and Celldisks get dropped. ASM rebalancing is triggered. You as the responsible Admin notice the alert and order a replacement Disk resp. use a Spare Disk to plug it into the Cell after you plugged out the damaged one. The Cell can stay online, because the Hard Disks are hot-pluggable.
No further administrative work to be done, typically.
NEW QUESTION 5
Your customer wants to increase the size of the DATA diskgroup on the Exadata systems. The customer is currently using 600 GB disks. Which two are the best options that you would recommend?
- A. adding a High Capacity Storage expansion rack
- B. expanding the Exadata rack from a Half Rack to a Full Rack
- C. moving underutilized grid disks from the RECO diskgroup to DATA
- D. adding a ZFS storage appliance
- E. adding a High Performance Storage expansion rack
A: Oracle Exadata Storage Expansion Rack X4-2 enables you to grow the Oracle Exadata storage capacity and bandwidth of Oracle Exadata Database Machine X4- 2 and X3-8 and Oracle SuperCluster. It is designed for database deployments that require very large amounts of data, including historical or archive data; backups and archives of Oracle Exadata Database Machine data; documents; images; file and XML data; LOB's; and other large unstructured data.
NEW QUESTION 6
A control file tracks the physical components of a database. It is the root file that the database uses to find all the other files used by the database. Because of the importance of the control file, Oracle recommends that the control file be ?
- A. size constrained, to prevent size overruns
- B. multiplexed, or have multiple identical copies
- C. stored on an HA USB Drive, to ensure that it does not get overwritten
- D. managed by EM12c, to ensure proper maintenance
NEW QUESTION 7
Which Exadata feature eliminates unnecessary data transfers between database nodes and storage?
- A. database views
- B. InfiniBand networking
- C. Flash Cache
- D. high performance SAS2 disk drives
- E. cell offloading
The Exadata Smart Flash Cache feature of the Exadata Storage Server Software intelligently caches database objects in flash memory, replacing slow, mechanical I/O operations to disk with very rapid flash memory operations. .
NEW QUESTION 8
You are calculating the storage capacity that your customer will require on their ZFS Backup Appliance. Identify the set of factors that will affect this calculation.
- A. database size, full/incremental cycle, RPO (Recovery Point Objective), and RTO (Recovery Time Objective)
- B. database size, retention period, RPO (Recovery Point Objective), and compression
- C. database size, full/incremental cycle, compression, and retention period
- D. database size, compression, and backup window
- E. full/incremental cycle, retention period, and ZFS Backup Appliance model
Note: The Sun ZFS Backup
Appliance has extremely fast backup and restore throughputs, ensuring that backup windows
and recovery time objectives (RTOs) are met by providing timely recovery in the event of a disaster
Not A, Not E: compression is a factor
NEW QUESTION 9
What would be the best way to ensure that batch Jobs do not impact performance of online queries that use the same database?
- A. Configure IORM to disable Flash Cache usage for batch workload.
- B. Build a Database Resource Management Plan, giving priority to query workload.
- C. Deploy Instance Caging to control batch jobs.
- D. Configure and enable Parallel Query.
- E. Configure resource plans by using the I/O Resource Manager on the storage cells, giving priority to query workload.
Using the Database Resource Manager, you can distribute available processing resources by allocating percentages of CPU time to different users and applications. In a data warehouse, a higher percentage may be given to ROLAP (relational on-line analytical processing) applications than to batch jobs.
Incorrect: not C:
In addition to controlling I/O utilization on the Exadata storage cells, Oracle also allows you to limit CPU resource utilization on the compute nodes using a technique called instance caging.
NEW QUESTION 10
Identify four significant changes when a backup of Exadata compute nodes must be performed.
- A. application of operating system patches
- B. before shutdown to preserve storage indexes
- C. application of Oracle patches
- D. reconfiguration of significant operating system parameters
- E. installation or reconfiguration of significant non-Oracle software
- F. storage server rebalancing
- G. addition of an Exadata storage expansion rack
NEW QUESTION 11
Which two actions are permitted with Exadata Database Machine?
- A. replacing the Ethernet switch with an equivalent 1U 48-port Gigabit Ethernet switch
- B. installing a second Ethernet switch in the Exadata rack for client access network connectivity
- C. replacing the Sun Data Center InfiniBand Switch 36-spine switch with an InfiniBand Gateway Switch
- D. configuring a Linux active-active channel bonding on the database servers by using two 10-Gigabit Ethernet port
- E. configuring a Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) protocol on database servers
There are total two category of network switches used to prepare computing environment inside the rack.
* InfiniBand Switches - two models used depending on requirements Sun Oracle 36-port InfiniBand Switch
Sun Oracle InfiniBand Gateway Switch
* Ethernet Switch - primarily for management purposes Cisco Catalyst 4948
Common information that applies to both of these InfiniBand switches Form Factor: One rack unit (1U) height
Power Supplies: Two Cooling Fans: Five
IB Subnet Management: Yes Firmware Upgradeable: Yes
Command Line Access: Yes. Via ssh and usb-serial access Web Based Management: Yes
SNMP Access: Yes
As you might have figured out by now that the IB Gateway switch is almost like a super set of 36-port switch in terms of features and capabilities.
Not E: Since the Exadata hardware cannot be modified, it is not supported to add HBA cards to any of the Exadata servers. It is supported to present storage via the network ports on the database servers via NFS or iSCSI, although Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) is not supported.
NEW QUESTION 12
Which two statements are true about enabling write-back flash cache?
- A. When enabling write-back flash cache in a non rolling manner, it is important to ensure that asmdeactivatonoutcome is set to YES and asmModestatus is set to ONLINE for all grid disks.
- B. Before using write-back flash cache, you need to verify the minimum required versions.
- C. Before write back-flash cache is enabled, you need to drop the Flash Cache first.
- D. The setting flashCacheMode should be set to writeback by updating cellinit.ora and restarting cellsrv.
- E. When enabling write-back flash cache in a rolling manner, dcli should be used to inactivate the grid disks on all cells first.
B: Exadata storage version 22.214.171.124.1 is the minimum version required to use this write back flash cache option.
C: Steps for Enabling Write back flash cache:
First of all, you don’t need the stop CRS or database (This is ROLLING method) ,you can do it cell by cell.
* drop flashcache
* Be sure asmdeactivationoutcome is YES is before disabling grid disk
NEW QUESTION 13
Consider the following setup:
User A1 belongs to resource group High on Database A. User B2 belongs to resource group Low on Database B. User C3 is a user on Database C without any DBRM setup.
Database A: Resource group High gets 80% and Low gets 20%. Database B: Resource group High gets 60% and Low gets 40%.
Database A: Share=20, limit=5 Database B: Share=30, limit=10 Database C: 5 shares
Total number of shares in the IORM setup = 100
What percent of I/O will each database user theoretically be using when the Exadata storage unit I/O throughout is used 100% and no other databases but A, B, and C are running?
- A. Al = 36%, B2=18%, and C3=9%
- B. Al = 33%, B2=33%, and C3=33%
- C. AI = 10%, B2=5%, and C3=20%
- D. Al = 8%, B2=12%, and C3=5%
- E. Al = 5%, B2=10%, and C3=85%
IORM setup limits Database A to 5%, and Database B is limited to 10%, while Database C has not IORM limit.
Not that the resource groups are for CPU allocation.
NEW QUESTION 14
What are two impacts of selecting high redundancy over normal redundancy for your diskgroups?
- A. High redundancy provides more usable storage.
- B. Normal redundancy provides more usable storage.
- C. High redundancy gives you better I/O performance.
- D. High redundancy provides High Availability (HA) during disk failure and rolling Storage Server patching
- E. Normal redundancy provides HA during rolling Storage Server patching.
NEW QUESTION 15
Which two statements appropriately describe the backup and recovery procedures on Exadata?
- A. Cell software backup is automatic and cell recovery is accomplished by using a rescue procedure.
- B. Data stored in a database is backed up and restored by using CellCLI commands.
- C. Database server software backup is automatic and recovery is accomplished by using a rescue procedure.
- D. Data stored in a database is backed up and restored by using RMAN commands.
- E. Cell software backup is performed through CellCLI and cell recovery is accomplished by using a rescue procedure.
A: Your Exadata Storage Servers do not need to be backed up; Exadata automatically backs these up using a self-maintained internal USB drive.
D: Backup your Oracle databases using Oracle RMAN
NEW QUESTION 16
Consider the following software changes that are performed manually on a Linux server:
1. Changes for Linux kernel firewall configuration
2. Changes for custom performance monitoring tools
3. Changes for security scan tools
4. Changes for Linux system performance optimization
Which of the software changes listed are permitted on Exadata Storage Servers?
- A. 1, 2, 3, and 4
- B. only 3 '
- C. none
- D. only 2
- E. only 1 and 2
- F. only 2 and 3
1: The Storage Server Patch is responsible for keeping our cell nodes always up-to-date, fixing possible problems, and this patch includes different component patches, like kernel patches, firmware, operation system, etc… for the Storage Server.
3,4: security scan tools changes and Linux system performance optimization changes would be on the database server.
NEW QUESTION 17
What are two choices that a customer must make that impact diskgroup creation?
- A. What is the level of redundancy required?
- B. What OS will be run?
- C. Where will disk backups be written?
- D. How many databases will run on the cluster?
B: There are a number of ASM disk group attributes that you can set when creating your disk groups, but the following
are the most important:
* (B) compatible.rdms: Set this to the software version of your RDBMS home.
* au_size: Set this to 4 MB.
* compatible.asm: Set this to the software version of your Grid Infrastructure home.
* cell.smart_scan_capable: Set this to TRUE. If this attribute is set to FALSE, Smart Scan will be
disabled to segments that reside in the disk group.
* disk_repair_time: Leave this defaulted to 3.6 hours unless you’re performing maintenance on a call and know that your outage window will be greater than 3.6 hours.
Once you identify candidate grid disks, use the CREATE DISKGROUP command to create your ASM disk groups.
Here are some of the more important considerations to think about when creating ASM disk groups on Exadata:
* (A) When capacity planning, take your redundancy specification into consideration.
redundancy will have the effect of reducing your usable storage to half the raw capacity, and
high redundancy will shrink it to a third of your raw disk capacity.
* Simplicity is best on Exadata. Using wild-carded CREATE DISKGROUP syntax not only offers the most terse command syntax, but also ensures your ASM disk groups are spread evenly across your Exadata Storage Server disks.
* Take the time to plan grid disk prefix names and overall grid disk configuration in the context
of your desired ASM disk group design.
* Make sure to set the appropriate compatible.asm and compatible.rdbms attributes when creating ASM disk groups.
* Whenever possible, use a 4 MB extent size when creating disk groups on ASM storage.
NEW QUESTION 18
You get a Host Unreachable error when you attempt to connect to a server through a network terminal command line. What are two other ways in which you can connect?
- A. Use the ILOM Web GUI.
- B. Use the dcli command at the root prompt on a database node.
- C. Attach a terminal device to the back panel of the server with a serial cable.
- D. Connect by using SQL *Plus.
- E. Log in as root on the database node using the Net1 IP address.
In addition to gaining shell access via SSH to manage your Exadata servers, you can also access them from the Integrated Lights Out Management (ILOM) console or KVM console.
and should typically not require modifications unless you have changed network information inside your database
Note: A KVM switch (with KVM being an abbreviation for "keyboard, video and mouse") is a hardware device that allows a user to control multiple computers from one or more keyboard, video monitor and mouse. Although multiple computers are connected to the KVM, typically a smaller number of computers can be controlled at any given time
NEW QUESTION 19
When should you use Hybrid Columnar Compression?
- A. always
- B. on large active tables where deeper compression is desired
- C. on tables or partitions that have fairly static data
- D. on every table where Advanced Compression is not used
It is recommended that HCC be enabled on tables or partitions with no or infrequent DML operations
NEW QUESTION 20
If your customer wants to save storage space by compressing tables that are read frequently but rarely updated, which compression technique would you recommend?
- A. OLTP
- B. ARCHIVE HIGH
- C. QUERY HIGH
- D. ARCHIVE LOW
- E. BASIC
NEW QUESTION 21
Which table compression technique will not work on Exadata without licensing the Oracle Advanced Compression Option?
- A. COMPRESS
- B. COMPRESS BASIC
- C. COMPRESS FOR OLTP
- D. COMPRESS FOR QUERY
- E. COMPRESS FOR ARCHIVE
OLTP Table Compression is a part of the Oracle Advanced Compression option, which requires a license in addition to the Enterprise Edition.
NEW QUESTION 22
Which two statements are true about CellCLI?
- A. Using a CellCLI command, you can change the SNMP subscribers or add multiple SNMP subscribers.
- B. Using CellCLI, you can stop and start the ASM instances that are using the grid disks on the Exadata storage cell.
- C. With a simple CellCLI command, you can synchronize changes to all the storage cells in the Exadata realm.
- D. Using a CellCLI command, you can see whether grid disks are being used by ASM or not.
- E. You cannot use CellCLI to gather the serial numbers of physical disks.
* Making a grid disk inactive effectively offlines its associated ASM disk.
CellCLI> alter griddisk PRORECO_CD_11_cell01 inactive GridDisk PRORECO_CD_11_cell01 successfully altered
* The command will wait until the ASM disk becomes offline. If you want the prompt to come back immediately without waiting, you can use nowait clause.
CellCLI> alter griddisk PRORECO_CD_11_cell01 inactive nowait You can make it active again:
CellCLI> alter griddisk PRORECO_CD_11_cell01 active GridDisk PRORECO_CD_11_cell01 successfully altered Incorrect:
not E: CellCLI> list physicaldisk detail output include:
NEW QUESTION 23
100% Valid and Newest Version 1z0-485 Questions & Answers shared by Certifytools, Get Full Dumps HERE: https://www.certifytools.com/1z0-485-exam.html (New 71 Q&As)