we provide Accurate EMC DES-1D12 exam which are the best for clearing DES-1D12 test, and to get certified by EMC Specialist - Technology Architect Midrange Storage Solutions Exam. The DES-1D12 Questions & Answers covers all the knowledge points of the real DES-1D12 exam. Crack your EMC DES-1D12 Exam with latest dumps, guaranteed!
Free demo questions for EMC DES-1D12 Exam Dumps Below:
NEW QUESTION 1
When a remove replication operation is performed on a Dell EMC PowerStore array, what happens to the destination storage resource?
- A. Is deleted
- B. Stays in read/write mode
- C. Stays in read-only mode
- D. Taken offline
"Removing a replication session is initiated on the source system by removing the protection policy from the Volume or Volume Group on the source system. Removing the protection policy from a storage resource results in the following: * The destination storage resource stays in read-only mode."
NEW QUESTION 2
What is a feature of Dell EMC Unity unified snapshots?
- A. Delta set extension
- B. Copy on First Access
- C. Redirect on Write
- D. Copy on First Write
Reference; https://www.delltechnologies.com/en-ba/collaterals/unauth/white-papers/products/storage/h15089-dell_emc_unity-snapshots_and_thin_clones.pdf (7)
NEW QUESTION 3
What is a consideration when sizing a Dell EMC SC Series system for capacity?
- A. Read/Write ratio
- B. IOPS
- C. Page size
- D. RAID overhead
NEW QUESTION 4
Which file resources are supported with Dell EMC Unity asynchronous replication?
- A. File systems and LUNs
- B. LUNs and VMFS datastores
- C. NAS servers and NFS datastores
- D. Consistency Groups and file systems
NEW QUESTION 5
What are characteristics of D@RE on a Dell EMC Unity array?
- A. Impacts array only during implementation Has minimal impact on performance
- B. Does not impact array during implementation Has some impact on performance for a moment
- C. Impacts array for a moment after implementation Has no impact on performance
- D. Does not impact array during implementation Has minimal impact on performance
controller-based D@RE has minimal performance impact for typical mixed workloads, and no impact to other Dell EMC Unity data services due to the level at which the encryption is performed, which is after all data services have been applied.
NEW QUESTION 6
When sizing a Dell EMC Unity Hybrid array, what are considerations for growth?
- A. Port utilization and load balancing
- B. Cache utilization and hardware bottlenecks
- C. Latency and queue depth
- D. General capacity and active data
Considerations for capacity growth
(click) Overall growth vs active data growth
(click) Moving or expanding “hot blocks” of active data Longer term planning for growth
NEW QUESTION 7
Match each term with its description.
Throughput = Sized by type and number of ports to handle traffic Latency = Time taken for an IO to be executed
IOPS = Amount IO generated by application Queue depth = IOS in buffer waiting to be executed
Does this meet the goal?
- A. Yes
- B. Not Mastered
NEW QUESTION 8
You plan to schedule a Live Optics sampling with your customer to size a Dell EMC SC Series array. However, the customer wants to postpone the run until the end of the quarter because there could be more
activity on the current storage system. What course of action is recommended?
- A. Wait until the end of the quarter and collect a week-long sampling
- B. Take a single-day sampling on any given day because that is sufficient in most instances
- C. Wait until the end of the quarter and collect a single-day sampling
- D. Take a week-long sampling on any given week because that is sufficient in most instances
NEW QUESTION 9
A customer configures their Live Volume setup for synchronous replication with the High Availability option. They are designing a DR resiliency plan to ensure data integrity in the event of data corruption.
Which Dell EMC SC Series technology should you use?
- A. Live Volume with Non-Uniform Presentation
- B. Live Volume with Uniform Presentation
- C. Synchronous Replication with High Consistency
- D. Live Volume with Managed Replication
NEW QUESTION 10
Which Dell EMC Midrange storage platforms support NVMe SCM drives?
- A. PowerStore T and SC Series only
- B. PowerStore T and PowerStore X
- C. PowerStore T, Unity XT, and SC Series
- D. PowerStore X, Unity XT, and SC Series
NEW QUESTION 11
How many hierarchical snapshots are supported by Dell EMC Unity?
- A. 32 levels deep for LUNs16 levels deep for file systems
- B. 16 levels deep for LUNs8 levels deep for file systems
- C. 16 levels deep for LUNs16 levels deep for file systems
- D. 10 levels deep for LUNs10 levels deep for file systems
NEW QUESTION 12
What is a key feature of the Dell EMC Future-Proof Storage Loyalty Program for Dell EMC SC Series arrays?
- A. 4:1 Performance Guarantee
- B. 4 Year Satisfaction Guarantee
- C. 4:1 Reduction Guarantee
- D. 4:1 Efficiency Guarantee
Dell EMC Flash Storage Efficiency Guarantee Dell EMC promises our flash arrays will provide a logical usable capacity at least four times the usable physical capacity of your purchased drives —or we’ll give you more drives at no charge. https://www.delltechnologies.com/en-us/blog/dell-emc-flash-storage-efficiency/
NEW QUESTION 13
To which bus is the Dell EMC Unity 880F DPE connected?
- A. 49
- B. 89
- C. 99
The DPE on 480/F, 680/F, and 880/F systems is internally connected to Bus 99 which is a separate bus than the first SAS expansion port that is connected to Bus 0. Therefore, the DPE is recognized by the system as Bus 99 Enclosure 0 while the first DAE connected to the first SAS expansion port would be Bus 0 Enclosure 0. This is different than X00/F, X50F, and 380/F systems. Furthermore, this means that the twenty-five drives in front of the DPE for 480/F, 680/F, and 880/F systems are internally recognized as Bus 99 Enclosure 0 Drive 0 – Bus 99 Enclosure 0 Drive 24. In Unisphere, the drives are seen DPE Drive 0 –DPE Drive 24
NEW QUESTION 14
What is a characteristic of tenant traffic on a Dell EMC Unity array?
- A. Separated by the associated VLANs at the Linux Kernel layer
- B. Separated by the associated subnet providing data separation with increasing security at the network layer
- C. Separated by one associated VLAN providing data separation with increasing security at the Linux Kernel layer
- D. Separated by the associated subnet at the Linux Kernel layer
NEW QUESTION 15
A Dell EMC Unity storage administrator has 10 hosts. One of the hosts experiences occasional, huge IO bursts.
What is a best practice for avoiding performance issues during these burst periods?
- A. Enabling Quality of Service (QoS) will limit the burst problem
- B. Quality of Service (QoS) is enabled by default, so one only needs to configure burst settings
- C. Enable Quality of Service (QoS) then limit I/O for the entire FC port
- D. Enable Quality of Service (QoS) then configure burst settings
NEW QUESTION 16
Recent legislation requires a government customer to enhance data security by utilizing D@RE with SED drivers and use Level 3 certified security. Which KMS product should be recommended for use with Dell EMC SC Series arrays?
- A. Dell EMC CloudLink
- B. StorSecure StorMagic
- C. Gemalto SafeNet K460
- D. Thales Vormetric VTE
NEW QUESTION 17
You are designing a two-tiered Dell EMC SC Series solution that will be optimized for performance. You gather the necessary data from Live Optics and find that the read/write ratio is 80:20.
What approach is recommended?
- A. Size Tier 1 for 100% of the adjusted IOPS
- B. Use distributed adjusted IOPS for all tiers
- C. Use distributed adjusted IOPS for Tiers 1 and 2 only
- D. Size Tier 2 for 100% of the adjusted IOPS
"The engineer should design a system to handle all, or nearly all, IOPS in one particular tier"
NEW QUESTION 18
P.S. 2passeasy now are offering 100% pass ensure DES-1D12 dumps! All DES-1D12 exam questions have been updated with correct answers: https://www.2passeasy.com/dumps/DES-1D12/ (64 New Questions)